Here are some of the concepts we applied when designing Legacy – it will be up to you to decide how well we have achieved against each and we are happy to take feedback.
- Game styles we have actively tried to support:
- Games styles that are not actively supported:
- Assassination or stealing within Holy Ground
- Individual character skill advancement
- Opt in: where possible we have aimed at making each part of the game opt in, so you get to choose what parts of the game you want to interact with and what parts you can ignore, without overly impacting your experience of the game
- New players: we are keen to both encourage new players and to lower the bar to entry, with a simple rule system and Sword & Shield hire.
- Young players: we are keen to support young players and parents/guardians of young players
- Player empowerment: where possible we would like to encourage players to both drive plot and bring colour and background to the world
- Separate IC and OC: we aim to avoid attempting to resolve OC problems with IC solutions, and conversely to avoid situations which encourage IC behavior which then causes OC upset
- Seek out feedback from the community and learn from it – but do not try to design by committee.
The Legacy LRP Team
We are a non profit organisation staffed by a team of volunteers with many years working with large scale festival LRP events. The Management Team are:
I am responsible for the referee and weapons checking teams at the event and have around 20 years experience of this in two of the three big UK systems. My focus at events will be making sure combat is being run safely and rules and codes of conduct are being followed.
My focus in the team is making sure the plot teams all work together to deliver a consistent and fun game world. I have around 10 years experience in running large scale LRP events at one of the UKs largest LRP systems.
I have been involved in running LRP events for around 20 years for two of the three big UK systems. My focus in the management team is on both IC & OC logistics and making sure the event runs smoothly.